If you're having trouble uploading your design file, we can help!
Email your file to email@example.com and we'll advise on how to get it fixed as soon as we can.
This error message will appear if you have lines in your design with a "fill" color applied instead of a "stroke" color. These will be lines with only 2 anchor points and could look like you have a stroke color correctly assigned.
Your file must be in RGB color mode and all of the stroke/line colors must be either:
How to find the less obvious places where paths are not closed.
How to fix in Illustrator
In the image below it looks like the lines are correctly formatted as blue lines for cutting.
- Click on an object with a fill applied.
- From the Select menu choose Same > Fill & Stroke. This will select all the lines that have the same, correct value.
- From the Window menu open the Pathfinder control panel
- Choose the Unite option to close all the paths
How to fix in Inkscape
Often this error will show if you have text in your design and Inkscape hasn't converted it to paths correctly.
To fix this:
- Select all the objects with a fill applied.
- Ungroup all the designs.
- From the Path menu choose the Union function.
This should merge all the ojects with a fill color together which will allow it to pass the file validation software.
Second thing to try.
Where the nodes are joined they have a black outline. Where they are not joined they are grey.
Select the 2 unjoined nodes and hit the Join Nodes button. You'll notice that node change to have a black outline.*